Better Posture, Better Health.
Better Posture, Better Health.
Body aches can result from sitting in the improper position for an extended period of time. Not only can it cause aches and pains, but it also has a negative impact on the circulatory system and nerves. As a result, adjusting your sitting habits can make your body healthier.
Sitting positions to avoid
In everyday life, sitting in a comfortable position, there’s a chance you’ll end up hurting your health more than you think. If you have risky behavior by sitting in the following postures. For greater health, try modifying your habits.
- Hunchback : By tensing the muscles, this sitting posture has a direct effect on the spine. It can cause pain in the shoulders and hips, as well as the possibility of irreversible bone abnormalities.
- Squat : Knee bursitis can be caused by squatting because the outer knee support bone slides forward. It causes conflicting knee cartilage and knee joints, straightening the legs immediately after getting up will cause soreness in the joints and symptoms of knee osteoarthritis.
- Sitting Chin On Hand : Sitting with your chin on your hand will not only make you look impolite, but it will also affect the wrist bones. And has a bad effect on the face, generating wrinkles as a result of pressing the hands against the face for a long period of time.
- Cross-Legged : Sitting cross-legged in the same position for an extended period of time can harm the knee and lead to osteoarthritis. It can also cause beriberi, which is a condition caused by prolonged pressure. It can potentially lead to long-term spinal problems.
Improve your habits for better health
When you recognize the source of pain caused by sitting posture, try to make an effort to change your regular routine for greater health
- Sit up with your back straight : Sitting with a hunchback stiffens the spine, which causes muscular and joint fatigue. It will help to keep your spine in place if you sit with your back straight. However, hunchbacks affect more than just your back. It also has a negative impact on the internal organs, the lungs and intestines will also have to work harder.
- Keep your wrist in a neutral position : The desk should be situated to the height of your forearms and your arms should be bent at 90 degrees to relax your shoulders while also preventing hand stretching or wrist bending
- Change your posture : Every 30 minutes, change your posture by altering your seating position or standing up. Alternatively, go for a walk and rest for a while to relieve the stress that can lead to muscle problems.
- Stay active : Any type of exercise can help improve your posture, but certain exercises are especially beneficial. Yoga, tai chi, and other classes focusing on body awareness are among them. Exercises that strengthen your core are also recommended (muscles around your back, abdomen, and pelvis).
Those who must spend a significant amount of time in front of a computer. Chronic muscle aches and pains can be caused by sitting in the improper position. Modifying behavior begins with sitting properly, which includes sitting up straight, not bending your neck, keeping your head straight, adjusting the chair level to fit the table, aligning the eye level with the computer monitor, having a backrest and two armrests to prevent shoulder tightness from being lifted. To avoid headaches and eye strain, you should also rest your eyes after using the computer for a long time.
Physical Therapy can help.
Sitting in the wrong position can lead to office syndrome, which is produced by the body repeating the same posture for an extended period of time. Physical therapy can aid in the recovery of your body by providing guidance on how to restore your body to its proper position.
If you’d like to schedule an appointment to get your form analyzed and evaluated to find the cause of soreness, tiredness, and joint pain, along with aches and pains stemming from muscle inflammation. You can get help at Primocare Medical Clinic which is prepared to look after your physical and mental health. You can make an appointment in advance here.