Better Posture, Better Health.
How Does Regular Exercise Help to Strengthen Immunity?
Exercising is a regular physical activity that plays a crucial role in maintaining sound health and preventing illnesses as exercise contributes to overall health, which may help support the strong immunity and its functions.
Types of Exercises
There are many types of exercises but the following exercises are those which can support strengthening of the immune system.
1) Walking: Regular moderate exercise such as 30 minutes active walk is beneficial in maintaining a sound immune system. Daily routine can increase the number of immune cells. One study said that those who walked for 30 to 45 minutes a day had 43 percent less sick days than those who didn’t. When walking, it is important to start pacing at a moderate rate first and gradually increase the intensity of the routine.
2) Aerobic Exercise: Aerobic is the type of exercise where breathing controls the amount of oxygen that can make it to the muscles to help them burn fuel and move. Aerobic exercise is the best for the heart and helps maintain a healthy weight, decreasing chances of developing heart diseases, diabetes, stroke, and cancer. Aerobic exercises tend to elevate the body temperature, which helps fight infection in the body. Aerobic activities should be done at least 30 minutes a day to maintain the optimal health..
3) Strength Building and Training: It is also known as immunity booster exercise. Regular and continuous strength training allows the body to constantly stretch to repair muscles and leave them stronger. This type of exercise requires the use of assistive devices such as springs or dumbbells. Strength training helps burn calories, reduce fat, and improve muscle mass in older adults.
Benefits of Regular Exercises
- Weight control
Exercising regularly will help to control weight. If you do not have time to fully exercise, always look for opportunities to be physically active, such as walking up the stairs instead of using the elevator.
- Prevent chronic diseases and other health problems
Regular exercise can help prevent and control the worsening of certain diseases and health problems.
- Boost Self Esteem
People who are physically active feel better or more satisfied with their bodies and themselves, feeling more self-confident.
- Stronger overall
People who exercise regularly have stronger muscles as exercise transports oxygen and nutrients to the tissues helping the cardiovascular system work more efficiently.
- Prevent Insomnia
Exercising regularly helps to fall asleep faster and stay asleep, leaving the body energetic and strong.
- Low Intensity: Normal body movement, standing and walking
- Moderate Intensity: It is an activity that causes breathing to increase from normal to fast, such as brisk walking, cycling and watering the plants
- High Intensity: It is an activity where the heart rate beats significantly faster than normal until making you feel tired, such as aerobic dancing and Zumba
If you want to know more about how to strengthen your immunity, you can come for a consultation at PrimoCare Medical Clinic and join the personalized lifestyle medicine program designed for individuals. We are ready to take care of your health and your mind to be completely strong. You can inquire or make an appointment in advance here.